Monday, February 12, 2007

Homemaking Meme

Okay - I'm a bit simple. I had to Google what "meme" meant. I knew what it was just from seeing it around, but I had to know what it really means. In my owns words, it's just a little question/answer fun that gets copied and passed around and answered and passed and so on and so forth.

Great! Now that we're all clear on that, I'll complete this fun little homemaking meme!

Aprons – Y/N? If Y, what does your favorite look like?
YES! Aprons are wonderful and I wear mine frequently! The one I wear the most (and I need to make a new one because it is showing signs of wear) is a simple button at the back of the neck and tie in back kind with full coverage in front - because I'm a very messy cook, just ask my children!

Baking Favorite thing to bake
Cakes! Or melt-in-your-mouth biscuits!

Clothesline
– Y/N?
No :-( But we have plans for one if husband approves!

DonutsHave you ever made them?
Nope.

Every day One homemaking thing you do every day
Clean the kitchen.

Freezer – Do you have a separate deep freeze?
Yes, a great big chest freezer that we inherited from my mom when she downsized.

Garbage Disposal – Y/N?
Yes.

Handbook – What is your favorite homemaking resource?
Homemaking in the sense of cleaning? Getting out spots and the like? Then it would be my Mom or the internet. Homemaking in the sense of decorating, what colors go with what, making our house a "Home"? Then it would have to be our wonderful public library and again the internet.



Ironing – Love it or hate it? Or hate it but love the results?
I really dread it but husband has to have a clean, pressed shirt everyday and daughter's dresses (and some of mine) just wouldn't be any good without it. It's definitely "don't care for it but love the results."

Junk drawer – Y/N? Where is it?
No, I don't have room for one!

Kitchen – Color and decorating scheme
This is only temporary because I have painting on my mind but . . . my kitchen is white with lace cafe curtains at the three large windows which look out into the backyard. Oak cabinets with white and blue floral pulls, cream tile, Pergo floor and chickens on every spare surface, along with some teacups and saucers that I inherited from my Grandmas.

Love – What is your favorite part of homemaking?
When I'm done cleaning the house, no more laundry, everything in it's place.

Mop – Y/N?
No.

Nylons – Wash by hand or in the washing machine?
By hand.

Oven – Do you use the window or open the oven to check?
My oven doesn't have a window - but it wouldn't matter anyway, I'd still have to open the door and see it for my own eyes!

Pizza – What do you put on yours?
Anything and everything except for artichoke hearts and anchovies!

Quiet – What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment?
Sit down and read our little local paper, watch the birds or check e-mails.

Recipe card box – Y/N? What does it look like?
Yes, a Gold Medal antiqu-ey type box, stuffed full.

Style of house – What style is your house?
Small Suburban Modern ;-)

Tablecloths and napkins – Y/N?
Yes, but only on special days.

Under the kitchen sink – Organized or toxic wasteland?
Semi-organized, but would love to have a few baskets under there just to keep things in their own place!

Vacuum – How many times per week?
With our two little dogs, we HAVE to vacuum at least three times a week, sometimes more.

Wash – How many loads of laundry do you do per week?
Between 7 and 12

X’s – Do you keep a daily list of things to do that you cross off?
No, I have a general Routine outline that I go by but I'm not relly the cross it off the list kind of person unless it has to do with schoolwork - but we won't go there.

Yard – Y/N? Who does what?
Yes, the children and I do it all.

Zzz’s – What is your last homemaking task for the day before going to bed?
Making sure my kitchen is all rinsed off and wiped down and ready for tomorrow.

Now, how about you?

(Originally published @ henandchicks.typepad.com)

No comments: