Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Diary of Three Dresses, part 2

What a time we have had!!

You remember, of course, that we were short of fabric to cut the whole collar for daughter's doggie dress. What I ended up doing is just making two pattern pieces from the one and having the collar pieced instead of in one piece cut on fold. Just fine, nobody will really notice unless they look closely, and her hair will be covering it most of the time anyway. No problem!

Well, as I was cutting out the pink fabric, I discovered an even larger mistake I made! I believe I mentioned how I was going to just make the skirt longer to accomodate daughter's unstoppable growth -- and I did. At least on the back of the skirt. I cut the front just regular, on the pattern line. ARRGGHHHHH!!

What to do, what to do?? Brilliant flash of inspiration! I have plenty of scraps - I'll just do some fancy piecing around the bottom to make up for those three lost inches and it will be great! I got the new border/fill pieced and sewn onto the solid bottom edge of the skirt -- except do you notice another problem?

Hdod2

That's okay, I'll give you some time to figure it out.

No comments: