Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Wanted: Recipes

Ding_dong_cake_2Are you always seeking new recipes? Then I NEED your help!!

I don't know what is going on lately, but in the past two weeks I have received four, 4, FOUR!!, letters about recipe exchanges! First my cousin, then my mom, then my grandchildren's other grandmother, and now my sister-in-law. What is happening here? Is spring the season for recipe exchanges and no one told me?

Now I love sharing recipes, don't get me wrong. But I feel inadequate when it comes to choosing a recipe for someone else. What if they're looking for dessert recipes and I send them my favorite casserole? What if they really don't like enchiladas and I send them our favorite secret recipe for the best enchiladas? Do you see? I would feel so much better if I could just mail them my recipe box for them to go through and pick out what they like for themselves. ;-)

And the other side is, I think I would be seriously testing my circle of friends if I sent them multiple letters for exchanging recipes themselves. (You know the drill: copy this letter 6 times, put my name at the top and your name on the back and mail to six of your friends)

So I thought, what if there is someone on-line who might like a chance to exchange recipes with others in a different part of the country? Two of the exchanges are actual letters, which means you'll get REAL mail!! The other two exchanges are via e-mail. If you are interested, leave a comment and tell me which exchange you would like to join (mail or e-mail) and I'll reply and get your address and send you off a recipe! (Please do not leave your address, e-mail or physical, in your comment. But you already knew that. )

BTW, the picture above is a Giant Ding Dong Cake I made a few months ago. Yeah, it really does taste like a ding dong. :-) If you make it, I would suggest making it in layers like I did above, rather than strictly according to the recipe. Having a center full of fluff is fine when you're holding a little circle in the palm of your hand - but when it is in an 8 or 9 inch cake it's a little overwhelming!

No comments: