Thursday, April 19, 2007

A Productive Visit

Wow! Nothing like a trip away from home, with your sewing machine, to get things done!

A day long visit with friends was not only lots of fun, but very productive,too. I set up my sewing machine and we chatted while the children all played and I worked on a few of my projects.

Done_dresses_2 Oskirt

*I was able to finish the last of the three dresses (pink one on right) as well as an extra dress (green) that I had started last spring along with this blue one! (see how bad I am?) I also got a tiered skirt finished for one of my grandaughters, the lovely Miss O!

Cookies1_2 Cookies2

*

And while all this sewing and chatting was going on, the little ones perched themselves up on this stepladder and made some cookies! Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip. YUMM!

Cookies3_2 They look delicious, don't they? Well, when they came out of the oven, everyone couldn't wait to taste one!

We all took a bite and - - - ewww - - - what's that? They were really, and I mean really, salty!

The older boys took up the investigation into what happened and come to find out that the little ones added 1/4 cup of salt instead of 1/4 teaspoon!!

Oh well, a lesson learned. Luckily, friend and I had picked up a bag of new Strawberry Milkshake Oreos when we were at the store earlier so we had something to fall back on. ;-)

All in all, a very good day - spent with friends - What could be better?

No comments: