Thursday, March 28, 2013

Beautiful Day

Once in a while a day comes along when the sun shines brightly, but not too brightly, and the little birds sing happily, flowers bloom, butterflies flutter gently by, and all is right with the world.

Yesterday was one of those days.

Sweet Pea was just as cute as could be, her chubby little 10 month legs crawling, stretching, and scooting throughout the house; her smile so big, showing off her new molar she's getting (poor baby!); and her new trick of shaking her head when you say almost anything to her.  As a result, we think up all kinds of questions where the answer is "No."  Could we ever forget about P?  Is there any baby cuter than P?  LOVE her!

I got to go shopping and hang out with H & R (two remaining children at home), and got to talk on the phone with college son, and hear him laugh and joke with his brother.  Happy medicine for any momma's heart.

I spent some time outside with Sweet P after H and I covered our little garden area with netting to prevent birdies from eating all our tender sprouts.  We sat on the lawn, she crawled around a bit until the grass was too much for her little legs, then she came back to me to stand up against.  She gave me kisses - leaned toward me and smacked her lips - told me all kinds of stories, ma-ma-ma-ba-da-da-ba-ma, and held on to my dangly earrings - until she held a little to firmly and I would tell her no, be gentle.  It was wonderful.  Really looking forward to having grandchildren!

R and I went out front with Sweet P and the dogs later in the afternoon so I could weed (yucky goats' head clover) the lawn while we waited for P's Mama to arrive.  P was all over the place.  Grass, cement, it didn't matter.  Certainly not a fussy baby who can be contained within the borders of a blanket laid on the lawn!

Then with some time alone, R and I decided to stamp.  Got out our supplies from the boxes where they are still packed, looked on Pinterest for some inspiration, and then got creative!  Ended up stamping until nearly midnight - with a small break to make dinner for husband - and got almost four sets of cards made/finished.  It was so much fun!

And the verses I read this morning complete the day perfectly:

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: 
he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul:;
he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
 I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; 
thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me
 in the presence of mine enemies: 
thou anointest my head with oil; 
my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: 
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

Psalm 23


No comments: