Friday, July 6, 2007

All About Attitude

I can't think of a good introduction sentence for this post.

And that is pretty typical of the way my life has been going lately.  Ever since we were finished with our work at the Fair, and my mothers party, I still have not felt settled or peaceful.   Our days have been filled with cleaning and chores yet my home is still out of control, clutter-wise.    But that's really just part of the reason.  My biggest issue has been dealing with attitude, namely a wrong attitude,  and I'm most sorry to say that it's my own. 

I've had lots of ideas for posts and pictures to share, cleaning projects and some decorating, family announcements and vacation plans, but knowing that my heart is not right towards my duties at home I didn't feel I should continue blogging as if all was well.  My focus and my heart need to be on my home and the people in it. 

I had the thought in my head today that all would be well once I am able to get control of this feeling, this attitude.   But almost as soon as that thought entered my head, the next thought was that that's my problem.  I have tried to take control and I will not have peace until I am able to give up control.  Give up control to the one who is truly in control - my Father in heaven.

I'm in a deep personal "valley", so to speak, and am looking forward to climbing and feeling the sunshine on my face and in my heart once more.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.  Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.  For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.  Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.  Stand therefore, having you loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; and your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.  And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.      Ephesians 6:10-17

This post originally published @ HenandChicks.typepad.com

No comments: